These vegan peanut butter cups have become a favorite homemade vegan dessert.
I mean, who doesn’t have a slight addiction to anything that includes peanut butter and chocolate?
This is a super simple vegan dessert that you can share with the entire family. Maybe just not equally… steal a little for yourself, I mean, you did make it right?
Makes 6-10 depending on your mold size
1 tbsp coconut oil (you can omit if you are avoiding oils)
1 cup Peanut Butter
10 oz Dark Chocolate (Bars, or chips, it will be melted)
½ cup Coconut Butter
- Grab two small pots. In one, place your peanut butter, and place the chocolate into the other. Put them on a low heat and allow them to melt stirring constantly. If you have a double boiler this is perfect for it. This is a quick process, don’t overheat the mixtures.
- After they get melty, add cocoa butter to each pot. This will add a bit of flavor, as well as help both pots melt without sticking so much.
- Allow both pots to melt until both the peanut butter and chocolate are completely liquid.
- Take a muffin pan and layout some small muffin papers. Pour some chocolate into the bottom of the paper, then put peanut butter in the middle, and top it off with chocolate!
- Place them into the fridge to cool off. Or the freezer if you’re like us and can’t wait to destroy these things.
These are truly delicious. It’s like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup on steroids. We make some pretty large ones, and it is just a big, chocolaty mess.
Not that that’s a bad thing.
The coconut butter helps to solidify the peanut butter and chocolate in its final form. We use our muffin tin liners but you can buy fancy candy molds or liners too. We got some super cool halloween themed silicone molds off hand once and those turned out pretty rad also.