We love stirfry…
It’s a quick and simple way to get a big meal for your family. We always try to make it as filling as possible.
So, lots of carbs, lots of protein, and typically low fat.
Because we have a slight carb addiction…
Fresh chopped Garlic – 2 Cloves
Onion powder – 1 Tsp
Paprika – 1 Tsp
Ginger powder – 1 Tsp
Pepper – 1Tsp
Salt – 1 Tsp
Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP) – 1 Dry Cup
Jasmine rice – 2 Cups
Coconut Amino A
Vegan Butter – 2 Tbsp
Oil – 2 Tbsp (We use Olive, Grapeseed, or safflower oil)
Water – 1/2 Cup
Hot Water for TVP prep – 1 – 2 Cups
- Start water to boil water and cook rice to instructions on the package. Generally, double the water and about 25-30 minutes but it varies depending on
typeof rice. We do not use minute rice as its processed more than we like, but you definitely can here to cut the time down if you like.
- Place oil in a wok or frying pan and start heating at
medium- highheat. Toss in the chopped brusselsprouts and add butter.
- Toss and cook down until the sprouts and cook for 5 minutes, then add the ⅓ cup water and cook over medium til water is absorbed.
- Add the cooked rice and once it’s done, and add the
- Finally, mix the seasonings and coconut
aminos. Add the chopped garlic last as overcooking it kills the benefits.
The rice is by far the longest part of this process, so once it’s done it just comes down to letting the brussel sprouts soften to your preference.