We got our air fryer and immediately fell in love with it.
We can literally make so many things with it, all while using no oil on it!
We have made chicken nuggets, chicken wings, french fries, burgers, enchiladas, and many other delicious vegan and organic food.
We love it so much that we forget that it’s a healthier alternative.
So…. Here’s a veganized version of cheese fries…
Potatoes – about 3-4 pounds
1 Bell Pepper
1 Red Onion
Vegan Nacho Cheese
Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP) – 2 cups dry
Water for TVP- about equal to the amount of TVP, the TVP just needs to absorb the water until it makes a hamburger-ish consistency.
Oil – 2 Tbsp (We usually use grapeseed oil or safflower)
Fresh Garlic –
Garlic powder – 3 tsp
Onion powder – 3 tsp
Paprika – 3 tsp
Chili powder – 2 tsp
- Cut potatoes and carrots for the vegan nacho cheese and allow them to boil and soften up. The smaller you chop them the quicker they’ll cook. Because you know, we need that food ASAP.
- Next, chop potatoes into a fry shapes. Place them in the air fryer on 350 degrees for about 45 minutes… I know, no fun waiting but they are delicious! We are lucky enough to have found an air fryer with a rotisserie function and a large cylindrical cage that allows the fries to cook thoroughly.
- Start boiling water when the fries are nearing completion, around 10 minutes before they’re where you want them. This is for the TVP. When the water starts to boil, pour it into the TVP pot. Pour it in slowly until t begins to get a hamburger consistency. I usually add the onions and bell pepper at this point, I like them a little less cooked. Alternatively, you could sautee them in a separate pan.
- As all of this finishing up, blend your vegan nacho cheese. Add the spices into the TVP and cheese.
- Once the fries are done, add it all together!
We love these, it’s easy to make and extremely cheap!
Oh yeah, and healthy!